This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests & visitors.
Woodhall Country Park is a five star holiday park set in a beautiful area of woodland in the heart of Lincolnshire. The village centre of Woodhall Spa is 1 mile away, making Woodhall Country Park an ideal place for a short break or holiday.
Located in 80 acres of wood and parkland, the site is largely located on flat ground, though being a Country park there are many holes and rivets caused by our native wildlife population. We therefore ask that guests take great care at all times on the park and stay on the roadways and designated paths as much as possible. Woodhall Country Park caters for tents and touring caravans, and has camping pods and luxury lodges available for holiday lets.
There are three toilet and shower blocks each with an access room in each, specifically suitable for guests with access requirements. They are all level access with no steps or ramps and are located adjacent to all the main facilities. Woodhall Country Park has wheelchair accessible toilets and washing facilities, which include a level entry shower and handrails.
There is a convenient onsite shop located in Reception with a wheelchair accessible desk for registration or purchasing, also an accessible toilet.
- You can plan your journey by car or public transport using the internet, such as Google Maps. Simply enter your postcode and the Park postcode, which is LN10 6UJ to get directions. Please note, some sat navs will take you to the corner of Stixwould Road and Edlington Moor, so if you are travelling from the village keep a look out for us approx. 500m past the Petwood Hotel on the right (if you get to the Village Limits Pub you’ve gone too far!). Alternatively, if you are coming from Stixwould, keep going past the Village Limits Pub and the Park is the next turning on the left.
- The nearest railway station is in Metheringham, which is approx. 10 miles from the site and offers a direct route into Lincoln.
- If it is more convenient to use local buses or taxis to complete your journey, taxi numbers can be obtained from our reception.
- The nearest bus stop is located on Woodhall Spa high street approx. 1 mile from site.
- The roads around the campsite are rural country lanes and have no separate footpath. A permissible footpath has been installed across our land enabling people to walk into the village without having to walk on the road. This is a grass path, which is generally level, with one small slope. This can be wet under foot.
Car Parking & Arrival
- Woodhall Country Park Reception has a gravel car park for up to 10 cars, plus there is space for several cars / caravans / motorhomes in the layby outside.
- The park is lit with low level lamp posts at night and the entrance to Reception is well lit.
- Once registered at Reception, guests access the Park via a security barrier, operated using a fob.
- Our lodges have allocated parking directly next to their lodge. The path to the lodges is gravel.
- The entrance to reception is a gentle slope and made from block paving.
- The door is 102cm wide.
- There is an accessible toilet in Reception with a 102cm door, complete with both vertical and horizontal grab rails and an alarm.
- The floor surface throughout Reception is tiled.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead spotlight lighting.
- There is a lowered section of the check-in desk.
- A pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- The Park team can show you to your pitch on request.
- The entrance to the lodges is a gravel drive. There is space for two to three cars to be parked behind each lodge.
- There are three steps onto the decking surrounding the lodges. The first step is 7cm high followed by two 20cm steps.
- There is a 7cm step into the inside of the lodge, through an 82cm wide door. This is part of a double door, which when opened provides a 164cm entrance. Four of the lodges are fitted with a ramp as well as steps.
- All internal doors are 75cm wide.
- The kitchen worktops and cooker are 90cm high and the dining table is 80cm high.
- All the beds are 66cm high. In the twin rooms, there is a space of 95cm between the two beds in the larger twin, and 43cm in the smaller twin. (The smaller twin room is only present in the three bedroom lodge).
- Toilets are 45cm high and baths 55cm. In the ensuite bathroom there is a 7cm step into the shower.
- The hot tub is 95cm off the ground and can be reached by two 8cm steps.
- The BBQ is 75cm high.
- The lodges are sited around or near to fishing lakes. The ground around the Park is either gravel or grass.
Touring & Camping Facilities
- Woodhall Country Park has 25 dedicated pitches for tents and 88 for touring caravans/motorhomes, there are also 28 ‘dual-use’ pitches which are suitable for tents or caravans.
- 80 of the touring pitches are fully serviced and hard standing on gravel, with connection points for electric, water, grey waste and TV hook up; parking is also possible on these pitches. A further 8 touring pitches are the same with the exception of the grey waste drains.
- Camping pitches are grass and generally level. Some pitches have a dedicated car park area nearby as it is not possible to park on the pitch. The majority of pitches have water and electric hook up available.
- Assistance with pitching is possible on request, and subject to staff availability.
- There are chemical toilet and grey waste disposal points available at each toilet block, as well as general waste and recycling points.
- Fire points are spread around the site, and are no further than 50 metres away from any pitch.
- There are four washing up sinks outside at each toilet block.
- Pitches are allocated on booking and staff are happy to advise which pitches are suitable for your requirements..
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- There are three toilet blocks with level access. Each contains a specific unisex accessible room with toilet, level entry shower and sink:
- Entrance door 102cm wide and level entry.
- 98cm transfer space to the left of the toilet in the small block and to the right of the toilet in the large block, when facing the toilet.
- The toilet height is 46cm.
- Vertical rails either side of the basin and toilet and in the shower area.
- A horizontal rail on the sidewall adjacent to the toilet.
- A flashing light when the fire alarm sounds.
- There is step free level access to the launderette and it is level throughout.
- The door opening is 80cm wide and easy to open.
- There is one front loading washing machine, and one front loading dryer (height 115cm).
- The iron and on/off switch is accessible from a seated or standing position and the ironing board height is adjustable.
- The flooring is non-slip laminate.
- The area is well lit with spotlight overhead lighting.
- There is a shop in Reception where guests can purchase a basic range of household goods and newspapers. This shares the same entrance and parking as the Reception.
- The shop is level throughout.
- A low level counter is provided.
- Milk and newspapers (pre-ordered) can all be reached from a seated position.
- Staff can offer assistance if required.
- Woodhall Country Park is large and spacious and covers 80 acres in total. The Park is mainly flat apart from a couple of areas on a slight hill.
- Hedgerows divide the park into small discrete areas.
- The road surface is gravel over limestone.
- There are several picnic benches across the site.
- All of our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs anywhere onsite. Water bowls are available outside Reception.
- Clear signage is used throughout the Park using large black text and pictograms where appropriate.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk-in is approx. 20 miles away in either Boston or Lincoln. The nearest Doctors surgery is approx. 2 miles away on the Broadway in Woodhall Spa. Please contact Reception for further information.
- The Reception offers a list of nearby attractions, and the Park staff will be happy to contact them on your behalf to make any enquiries with regards access.